Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Humanity's Hope by Pembroke Sinclair

Synopsis

Title: Humanity's Hope
Author: Pembroke Sinclair
Genre: Young Adult/Dystopia/Zombies
My Rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads

Caleb, a 17-year-old boy, survived the zombie uprising, but he didn’t come out of the ordeal unscathed. He’s been scarred—both mentally and physically. The rest of humanity is trying to rebuild, to make the world normal again. Caleb is trying to return to a normal life also, but after all he’s seen, after the loss of his family and friends, the transition is difficult. The darkness that led him down a path of self-doubt and self-harm keeps trying to creep back into his mind.
Things only become worse when he discovers he’s immune to whatever makes a zombie a zombie. Fighting zombies was predictable. He knew what to expect. Fighting humans is volatile. They are malicious and treacherous. They won’t stop to get what they want, and Caleb has to figure out exactly what that is.

*Trigger warning: attempted suicide



My Thoughts
★★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.

A fast paced, roller coaster with one hell of a twist. Something you can really sink your teeth into. 



Okay. *pew-explosion noise* .....that was the sound of my mind being blown. This book was freaking off the wall, loss for words, good. I mean there are no words to justify how good this was.

I admit, it took a while to get into which is one reason it took so long to read it. (Other reason being my laptop died.....and by died, I mean it fried. There is no coming back from that lol) But I am really glad I stuck with it because once it got good ....oh man. It got amaz-balls good. Lol.

I thought the main character was written very well. Like perfect well in my opinion. He'd been through all this hell and he didn't let that stop him from getting things done. Not to mention how well he handled his PTSD and so many other things. He didn't let that stop him and he was able to get out of the dark places where his mind try to throw him. So that is a really big plus for me. It made it impossible for me to dislike him in any way. His friend on the other hand.....I wouldn't mind hitting with my car going 80. He just seemed so annoying. Like those ankle biting dog that literally never shut up yapping. How annoying is this guy? Just think of the "aliens" meme guy. Haha.

You know I have to throw in the "love" thing... Readers who hate insta-love will be glad to know there is no insta-love. You can tell something is there but nothing is touched till the end of the book, even then it doesn't hit you like a 300 pound brick upside the head like most books love to do.

I thought the setting were pretty interesting. Incredibly intense but interesting but...sadly I wish there had been more zombies. This was more like a mystery than anything else. That's just.me though. I love my zombies.plus I've read Mrs. Pemboke's other zombie series (Life After the Undead and Death To The Undead if you'd like to check those out.) ... I thought this would have a zombie mass like it did.
But I am NOT saying this is a and book. I'm saying the opposite really.this book was kick ass.

I would like to also add that I think this book gave me a heart attack. Intense is the only way I can describe this book. When he is running and hiding, I swear my legs were trying to react and when he held his breath... so did I, but I quickly found out I would die off the bat because my asthma was not having any of that breath holding stuff. Hahah. So yeah this book is really intense and gave me nightmares like crazy. So if you read this, you may or may not have nightmare.

The ending about killed me though. I thought I knew who it was...man was I wrong. Lol chances are you'll be wrong as well. XD I want to say so much more about the ending but I can't. I really don't want to give it away.

I would highly recommend this book.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top