Thursday, December 29, 2016

SeQuence (The Heart of the Ocean #1) by Lorraine M.L.M.

Synopsis

Title: SeQuence
Series: The Heart of the Ocean #1
Author: Lorraine M.L.M.
Genre: YA/Fantasy
My Rating: 1/5


Alessia Appleton is desperate. She's desperate to silence the voices inside her head, but being committed to an island asylum has only made them worse. Still, at least there's the ocean. Water is the one thing that blocks Alessia from hearing the thoughts of those around her. Complete submersion is her only relief. So, when she gets the chance to escape her wardens and the voices, Alessia takes it. She dives into the sea and a giant wave drags her under.
When she comes to, one thing is clear--either Alessia's completely lost her mind, or she's not on Earth anymore.
Instead, she finds herself in a world with two moons, a complex undersea society, a long-lost grandmother, and a drool-worthy young man named Dante Erajion. However, it doesn't take long for Alessia to realise that a new world comes with all kinds of new rules and new problems. In Zeneshia sequence takes precedence over chance, and Alessia's arrival has set off the Foretold Sequence of Hearts, shifting the future to a dire series of choices between Life, Love, and Death.




My Thoughts
★ Star
I received this book in return for an honest review.

I must start this off with-Never judge a book by it's cover.

I tried so hard to like this book, I really did. But in the end, I was begging for it to hurry up and end.

I love the cover, it is so beautiful and draws you in. The story has so much promise and potential but still lacked (I here to use this word but I can't think of any other word to use) freshness.

I felt while the story had a different setting, the storyline had been used before.
The writing was so choppy it drove me up the wall and had me ready to rip my hair out. One second ages here, the next shes mikes from there and talking to 10 different people. I can't tell you how many times I openly said "where the hell did they come from?" 
Also about the writing, there was way to much detailing
I get some people like that, I personally, do not. It makes the book boring to me. But you know what they say, you can't please everyone. 

I think the book has room for improvement.

2 comments :

  1. Hey am here. Loving your blog... Keep up the good work...πŸ˜πŸ“šπŸ˜πŸ“šπŸ˜πŸ“š

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top