Friday, July 15, 2016

Summoning the Demon by Kelly D. Smith

Synopsis

Alyssa doesn’t like to ask for help, but when fighting zombies, sometimes a witch needs a little backup. So she summons a demon. Falan Farrelly, demon. Alyssa wouldn’t have survived the night without him, but is that the only reason she wants to summon him again?
Falan isn’t used to chasing imps out of old lady’s yards or getting rid of demons, but there is something about this witch that makes him unable to resist.





My Thoughts
★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.
I am SO ashamed it took me this long to read a 15 page book! Good Lord, I should be shot (not really, please.)
I did start this book about a month ago, I think.... Though it may have actually been a lot longer because so much has been going on that all my books I need to read are scattered everywhere but that is beside the point.
This book scared the hell out of me. (haha nice pun) I'm so into this book then BAM the summoning scene (the first one) ... I don't know what it is or what but it gave me nightmares for literally WEEKS. I could not pick this book up again because I would shudder and feel so uneasy about it. 

But I really owed it to the author to finish the book because she is awesome and she deserves a review. 

So all terror aside, there was a part in the book:
"Oh, I'm fine. Do you have the time to deal with those imps for me?" It had taken her a long time to come to terms with the fact that there were imps in her yard. She'd believed it the second I said it, had even gone on a rant about how they were the spawns of Hell. I didn't have the heart to tell her what they actually were. 

See what I mean? Alyssa says it had taken Rose a long time to come to terms that imps were in her yard, but yet then says the old lady believed her as soon as she told her. Also "It had taken her a long time to come to terms with the fact there were imps in her yard" then at the end of the paragraph says that she didn't have the heart to tell her what they really were...... but..... that is what they are. IMPS...... and to be fair the old lady was right, they are the spawns of Hell because they are also known as Satan's foot soldiers. 


I felt guilt ride up. I always hated this part. They looked so cute. 
Honestly, I always thought IMPs looked like this (lol) :



That being said, I think the story was great! It was a very interesting story line and keeps you sucked in and interested. Even after that time I wasn't reading it, it was still on my mind wondering what happens next. The writing is so awesome that it really feels like you are there and living that moment. Kelly is awesome at setting the scenes. That is not a easy thing to do but she managed to own it like a boss. lol

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top