Monday, September 28, 2015

Whatever It Takes by Bridgett Henson

Synopsis

Released on bail, born-again drug dealer Cindy McDuffie, has three months of freedom before facing judgment for her crimes. When God gives her the love of a good man, will she embrace a short life with her own superhero? Or will guilt and feelings of inferiority steal her blessings?
Attorney Cole Maxwell waited twenty-eight years to meet his promised wife from God. Racing against the clock, can he convince Cindy to sail into the clouds? Or will the women plotting his future, and the men haunting her past shipwreck his dreams?
Can their Savior use a judge’s gavel and a child’s hunger to chart them on the right course? Or will life’s storms drive the promises of God beyond their reach?


My Thoughts
★★★★★+  Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.

I was amazed by this book.... It made me throw it across my yard. :)
For real though, I laughed... and I cried. When I say cried, I mean I blubbered.
This story was so deep, hours later, I'm still in awe of it. This book sucked me in and I could NOT put it down... and trust me, I tried. I just came running right back because I needed to know what happens next. I finished this book this morning and even though it's almost 11pm now, I'm having the hardest time writing this review! I want to say so much but I can't because if I do, I'll end up saying to much and have to label it "spoiler alert" and I don't want to do that because I want people to be able to ready this review and see how awesome this book was without me ruining it.
All I can say is: READ IT!
The story line is so... real and raw. It takes you down deep to the nitty gritty and you can't help but to pray along with these characters .. even though you KNOW they are just characters. Whatever It Takes forces you to take a look at lives that we just overlook every day. It makes you see that not everyone has had the life you have. It shows you that God loves you no matter who you are and as long as seek Him, He will always be there for you and He will always show you His love.
I can't wait to start book three!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top