Thursday, January 15, 2015

Dead Heat by Ren Thompson

Synopsis

The heart just knows... 
The city of Toronto is now a thriving hotbed of undead activity, and Dana Layton, brash zombie hunter with a temper as fiery as her hair, believes in only one thing: taking care of business. As a member of an elite zombie hunting organization, Dana can hang with the best of them, but the wall around her heart is as high as the one erected around her fortified home. 
Kelly Forrester thought she had what she wanted most of all—a career that made a difference. Blindsided by a crash course in reality, Kelly is left with a life-altering choice: Should she play it safe or follow her heart? 
In an already dark world, a new kind of terror emerges, one that threatens to tear apart Toronto’s fragile peace. Dana’s back is against the wall, and time is running out for both her beloved city, and the woman who's stolen her heart.



My Thoughts
★★★★★+ Epic Zombie Stars.
I received this book in return for an honest review.
I know it says I give this book 5 stars... no, I really give it 10!
This book was AMAZING! Now THIS is epic zombie book! One of the best I have ever read so far to be honest. It had the perfect amount of action, romance, drama. I have no complains at all. Now there were a few things that were very risqué, that I actually had to look up from reading and go "Well that's new." but eh. You get past it. Haha. Oh my gosh. That ending though. The author just straight up ripped my heart out and stomped on it then beat it with a hammer. I cried then dang near fainted at the sudden plot twist. REALLY didn't see THAT coming! It left me with that sudden rush feeling, going "whoa" Amazing book. One of a kind that will suck you into it's world and you will be lost. I still feel lost there. Book hangover, much? Haha!
Keep in mind, this is a 18+ book! I know my blog is YA, but from time to time if requested, I will read these kinds of books. 
**Side note; this book is not a YA book. 18+ LGBTQIA**

2 comments :

  1. Wow, sounds amazing! :) I just downloaded it and can't wait to start.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top