Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Since You've Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne

Synopsis

Is it possible to outrun your past? Fifteen-year-old Edie Fraser and her mother, Sydney, have been trying to do just that for five years. Now, things have gone from bad to worse. Not only has Edie had to move to another new school she's in a different country. Sydney promises her that this is their chance at a fresh start, and Edie does her best to adjust to life in London, England, despite being targeted by the school bully. But when Sydney goes out to work the night shift and doesn't come home, Edie is terrified that the past has finally caught up with them. Alone in a strange country, Edie is afraid to call the police for fear that she ll be sent back to her abusive father. Determined to find her mother, but with no idea where to start, she must now face the most difficult decision of her life.



My Thoughts
★★★★★ Stars.
I received this book via NG in return for an honest review.
*takes a shaky breath* 
Wow. Where to even start.
This book was very emotional. So I'm pretty sure if you read it, you may want some tissues.... just in case. Goodness knows, I cried like a baby. I'm close with my mother, so this kinda hit home with me because I wouldn't know what to do if I ever lost her.
Anyway, back to my review.
The story was flowing and beautifully written. Even though I'm American aaand didn't understand some of the slang. Haha.
The characters were so diverse and so interesting! Their personality types were so strong.
I got lost in this book. I really felt like I was living life through Edie's eyes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top