Friday, October 24, 2014

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Synopsis
Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.
So did his father before him, until he was gruesomely murdered by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. They follow legends and local lore, destroy the murderous dead, and keep pesky things like the future and friends at bay.
Searching for a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas expects the usual: track, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, now stained red and dripping with blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home. Yet she spares Cas's life.
My thoughts
★★★★★ 5 Wonderful stars!

Astounding!
Such a amazing story.
This book is so engaging and enthralling! It really grabs you and keeps you wanting more! The attention to detail is on target, not to mention the characters. I don't even know what to say there. They are captivating. The stereotypes they "fit under" get tossed out the window when it comes down to the nitty gritty. They really shocked me because I expected them to be meek and boo-hoo-y for what has happened, yet they don't.
I really don't know what else to say there. haha
I never wanted it to end honestly. It's the kind of book I would recommend to EVERYONE. No matter what kind of books they liked or don't like; I'd still say "You should still read it." lol
Ghosts, blood & guts, wicked murders, craziness, witches, and someone who "kills" the dead. Hey, what's not to like!?


If you aren't reading this book yet, I fully recommend it! 

Quotes
―“I’ve been Obeahed by an Obeahman? Is this like how the Smurfs say they smurfing smurfed all the time?” 

―“God, living people are irritating.” 

―“If people knew what I was up to, they'd probably try to stop me. The idiots would take Casper's side, and then I'd have to kill Casper and them after Casper bit their throats out. I'm no superhero.” 

4 comments :

  1. ASDFGHJKL!! LOVED IT TO PIECES!! JUST.. AARRGGHH!! :D

    ~Fari @ My Little Corner For Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so many good things about this book, I finally ordered it last night from Barnes & Noble. It is now on my Nook and I swear, it will be the next book I read! My blogger friends have been raving about it for weeks now. Great review, and thank you for making me more excited to read it!
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are giving it a shot! ^_^ I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top